API® ID strip range
10 API® strips are used every minute in the world.
The choice of microbiologists worldwide for its ease-of-use and high-performance, the API® ID strip range is the global reference for identification.
- Reference in microbiology labs
- Reliable results
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use solution
- New apiweb™ for anytime, anywhere identification
API®: Worldwide recognized performance
Right from the moment it launched, API® completely revolutionized the field of bacteriology. API® brings together high quality and ease of
That’s why today, API® is recognized as THE REFERENCE for identification of bacterial and fungal species.
- API® strips are established as the reference technique worldwide: on top of routine use, it is also used to assess the performance of other identification products
- API® products have led to the identification of new bacterial species (e.g.: within the Staphylococcus and Streptococcus genera)
- Now supported by apiweb™ for easy interpretation
Reliable and accurate
With multiple biochemical reactions in limited wells along with a wide identification database on the market, API® makes bacterial identification reliable and accurate.
- Brings standardization
- API® numerical identification calculation method, with related software, makes identification easy and ensures accuracy
- Regularly updated databases and software applications
- Most extensive range available
- 15 identification systems – practically all groups of bacteria and yeasts
- Over 700 different species
- Around 1,000 different biochemical tests in routine use
Easy to use and implement in labs
API® is easy to use and implement for both routine use and as a complementary method in labs that primarily use automated methods.
- ID/AST for improved workflow
- Part of bioMérieux’s complete offer in microbiology
- As a complementary method:
- Reliably confirms results
- Comprehensive – covers gaps (Neisseria, Haemophilus, anaerobes, etc.)
- Several publications available to support implementation and use (see Resources section)
Comprehensive database supported by APIWEB™
Simplify the interpretation of your API® strip result.
As innovative today as when API® was first developed, bioMérieux gives a new dimension to this range by making identification simple and available to everyone, anytime, and anywhere. apiweb™ leverages advanced technology to be the essential complement to manual identification.
- Widely used and appreciated by our customers as you’ll see in this video
- User-friendly internet platform: Easy-to-use interface which is integrated and intuitive
- Contains all the regularly updated API®/ID32 databases
- Enables the identification of 700 species of bacteria and yeasts
- A complete report for each identification including proposed species and comments on reliability (through calculation of identification percentage and typicity index)
- Complete biochemical profile
- Fully secure site
|Gram (-) rods|
|API® 20E||Identification of Gram (-) rods in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 20 100 (25 strips) Ref. 20 160 (100 strips)|
|RapID 20E||Rapid identification of enterobacteriaceae in 4 hrs||Ref. 20 701 - 25 strips|
|API® 20 NE||Identification of non-enteric Gram (-) rods in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 050 - 25 strips + media|
|API® 10 S||Simplified identification of Gram (-) rods in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 10 100 - 50 strips|
|API® Candida||Identification of yeasts found in clinical infections in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 10 500 - 10 strips + media|
|API® 20 C AUX||Identification of yeasts in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 210 - 25 strips + media|
|API® Staph||Identification of staphylococci and micrococci in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 20 500 - 25 strips + media|
|API® 20 Strep||Identification of streptococci and related bacteria in 4 or 24 hrs||Ref. 20 600 - 25 strips + media + swabs|
|API® 20 A||Identification of anaerobes in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 300 - 25 strips + media|
|Other bacterial groups|
|API® Coryne||Identification of corynebacteria and coryneform bacteria in 24 hrs||Ref. 20 900 - 12 strips + media + McFarland Standard|
|API® Listeria||Identification of Listeria species in 24 hrs||Ref. 10 300 - 10 strips + media + reagent|
|API® NH||Identification of Neisseria, Haemophilus and B. catarrhalis in 18h to 24 hrs||Ref. 10 400 - 10 strips + media + reagents + swabs|
|API® Campy||Identification of Campylobacter in 24 hrs||Ref. 20 800 - 12 strips + media + McFarland Standard|
|API® 50 CH||“Research’’ strip (metabolism of carbohydrates)||Ref. 50 300 - 10 strips|
For product availability, please contact your local bioMérieux representative.
API & ID32 Identification databases booklet
Evaluation of API 20 NE in routine diagnostics of nonfermenting gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria
Geiss HK, Piotrowski HD, Hingst V. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3890425
Rapid and economical method for species identification of clinically significant coagulase-negative staphylococci
Ieven M, Verhoeven J, Pattyn SR, Goossens H. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7615705
Evaluation of the RAPID ID 32A system for the identification of Bacteroides fragilis and related organisms
Jenkins SA, Drucker DB, Keaney MG, Ganguli LA. University of Manchester http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1960112