bioMérieux – Second-Quarter 2016 Business Review18 July, 2016
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today released its quarterly business review for the six months ended June 30, 2016.
- Strong growth in sales, up 10.9%, at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation in the first half of 2016:
- Sales reached €1,001 million
- Up 7.2% as reported
- Growth continued to be led by the Americas in the second quarter, supported by the return to faster gains in the Asia-Pacific region
- All of the clinical and industrial lines contributed to consolidated growth
- Excellent 62% increase in FilmArray® sales in the second quarter
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "bioMérieux achieved €1 billion in sales right from the first half, confirming that 2016 has gotten off to a good start. The sustained momentum in the Americas, boosted by the return to faster growth in the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in China, more than offset the modest gains in the EMEA region, helping to drive organic growth in sales of nearly 11% for the six-month period. As was the case in 2015, second-half growth is expected to come in slightly below the first-half performance and set us on a favorable course to fulfilling our ambitions."
Consolidated sales rose to €1,001 million in the first six months of 2016 from €933 million in the year-earlier period. This 7.2% reported increase included a negative currency effect of around €26 million as well as the impact of deconsolidating bioTheranostics as from January 1. Year-on-year organic growth (i.e., at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation) came to 10.9%, led by an acceleration in sales of FilmArray® for around 450 bp and of BioFire Defense solutions for 100 bp.